Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ikaw (It's YOU)

This is my second attempt to translate some of my poems created a few years back. I have always been a poem addict or whatever you may call me. Poems keep me connected to the world. My first composition was when i was in the elementary years. Sad to say i didnt have it documented then, 'coz it never occured to me to be of use later. Anyway, time is really a great teacher'coz i am now quick on recording any line or phrase i can compose. Here is the original poem:

It's YOU!
I miss you today my dearest
Just as I miss most of life’s best.
It’s you I’ve always wanted
To be near and sit beside with in that petite but cozy bench…
It’s you I dreamed of
Every second of every hour…
It’s you I cherish and care and share…
It’s you I kiss and give and promise…
AndIt is only you whom I can be open with…
It’s so good to know how lovely life is!
With you on my side
Today and always!
***
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bisaya version:
IKAW

Naghandum ako kanimo karon akong pinang-ga
Sama sa paghandum nako sa mga kahilayan sa kalibutan…

Ikaw ra gayud ang akong gipangandoy
nga mahiduol mag-lingkod tupad diha sa gamay apan maanindot nga banku…
ikaw ra gayud ang akong gidamgo sa kada yugto sa higayon
Ikaw ra gayud and gipangaliya ug gipangga nga makauban
Ikaw ra gayud ang akong mahagkan,mahatagan ug masaaran…
Ug Ikaw ra gayud ang akong matug anan.
Pagkanindot ba diay sa kinabuhi
kung ikaw ana-a kanunay
sa akong tupad
karon
ug
sa matag-unya.
***
------------------------------------------------
More of my english poems...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment