Monday, May 02, 2005

Bisaya, the dialect

Hey, hey, hey.. Something here for my fellow Cebuanos. After i joined in with "Bisay Bloggers" i find it interesting to indulge more of the dialect. And because of my new love.. i am now keener (am i right) on eyeing some if not most of the "bisaya" terms used which might come in handy in the future. Oh, for the sake of the few friends and relatives who resides abroad, i want to be excused for not speaking the dialect fully here... please please. But rest assured i will be uttering "bisaya" words over @ "Bisaya Bloggers". Oh, if you can find time, you might like to visit it too and see for yourself, ok.

So, in connection with what i have been "yawit" (talking) here, let me share with you some of my "bisaya" encounters: Pang corregir lang unya mo ha sa "comments" area.. he he. To my bisaya fans, adunay hubad sa binisaya adto sa website (bisaya bloggers). sige ha, mag kita unya ta didto. Here goes:

Yesterday,my family went over @ Tambuli beach resort (West) to celebrate my eldest daughter's ( Alpha Mae) birthday. We had fun alright. The resort is nice and we ate lunch in their restaurant which served: eat-all-you-can style @ P350 pesos. Cool huh, with a round of soft drink each per person- it isn't so bad; and we get to use all its amenities- not bad @ all!


Well, my 'bisaya' encounters were exciting enough 'coz when my kids left for the pool, i got so inspired after reading a few pages of the poem book i was carrying, i thought it would be nice to compose a poem too... in bisaya!... which i surely did and two at that! My , my! can you feel how i felt...? Ahhhh!


I don't think it would sound the same if i translate the two poems into english. But i'll try anyway:
In my solitude...
Stillness surrounds me
Sirene but cool breeze hovers over my face
So cold...
as cold as the loving feeling
inside that heart of yours
which has lost its lust and warmth
Of the LOVE
we once shared.

***
Here... on the shore
Amidst this vast shoreline
my mind keeps reminiscing
the variety of emotions within my heart
filled with so much longing and love...
The skies are bluer, the clouds aren't here
the kids are rejoicing, playing hide-and-seek.
Come! let us but get merry
to where the waves haven't gotten
and there we shall
but cherish that wonderful moments
we never had the chance of getting
while once young.
***
---------------------------------------
Poems, poems everywhere! more here: English Poems

0 Comments:

Post a Comment