Saturday, July 02, 2005

My world in sports

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(First of a series)

Various sports amaze me more than movie viewing but there is nothing like playing it for real to get the feel of it.

As far as I can remember, I won the 100-meter dash in my elementary days during the Public School Sports tournament or something like that and I was a softball player way back in high school. We were all girls and it made sense playing the game much as I enjoyed the running we did and the cheering dances we get to compete every so often while wearing those very short white skirts topped with sexier-than-ever (in those times) shirts! My mom was an athlete too in her younger days then. I guess I got the genes from her as a sports enthusiast.

Of all the sports I have encountered, I was pretty inclined to the ball games, which made me fell in-love with table tennis. I was so engrossed with the game that I requested my dad that we make our own table @ home for us to practice more freely. And indeed I had the standard table but get this: it was my boyfriend then (husband now) who built it all by himself! Was it real love already? Well, perhaps it was, ‘coz that same table was the presidential table during our wedding!

I M A G I N E ! Opps! I’m sorry, I got derailed there a while.

Anyway, I was an avid fan of the game and still is. But my heart fell (in sports I mean) for lawn tennis when my hubby started playing. And it wasn’t until I married (after my first child) that I got to play and learn it by heart.

Actually, Lawn tennis is quite a complicated sport-@ least for me - given my situation of a full time wife, mother, home maker, landscape artist, electrician, plumber and all plus I took some short courses in computers on my spare hours; but in spite of these I did manage and made it to the women’s finals (doubles) in our local city (LCTC) Lapu-Lapu City Lawn Tennis Club. I had more than a couple of partners every game or two though. Playing this game really demands so much time not to mention great efforts not only physically but mentally too. I remember one time we (my hubby) and i tied a ball up the ceiling and let it hang down in its most appropriate length for me to practice the serve because as the game requires- first serve is your greatest weapon. So there went my sliced first serve. Lately, changed it to a flat one considering my grip is changed too from continental to conventional (flat). I can strike it better now and harder... with a bang!

I trully felt how it is to be a champion when we earned it together with my nurse-partner carrying the club name: MTC (Marigondon Tennis Club) a new one - over the Pacific Cebu Resort (PCR). Oh by the way, I am a very active member of Marigondon tennis Club, with Fr. George Alfonso as our guiding strength and our very friendly spiritual adviser. It is under the Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Parish, one of the promising parishes in our city.

Here is my trophy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


(to be continued)...

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow, what an impeccable resume! You should be heading the Philippine Sports Commission. Kidding aside, I don't know how you manage your time. But it looks like you're doing great with time management. Keep it up, Ms. B!

Post a Comment