Thursday, July 07, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThere! I’ve said it: Tennis is my game. And I’m quite proud to say I learned it from scratch. I mean, I started out with clinics: The term used in training young children the basics of the game. Basically it means: tennis lessons!

So there I was standing in attention- a 25 year-old married lady together with some 6 other kids whose ages ranged from 6 – 10. Oh yeah! It was kind of fun actually. Amid the heat of an open multi-purpose court -’coz it used to be a basketball court at night too - I stood there wearing my best skirt supposedly-tennis-attire and was doing the forehand and backhand grips, and hit better groundstrokes. I'm now using Head S6Intelligence midplus after my long overdue engagement with Prince oversize carbon.

My personal reason behind why I’m blogging about tennis is the fact that I miss the game so much now. You see, after my hospital encounters last April, I haven’t played it since because my doctors told me so. This tube inside me has to come off first meaning: four months onwards- (after August) but with a condition that no more kidney stones are trapped inside or else, I need to be inserted another tiny tube and wait another four months! Can you imagine how long that takes? You should know for tennis players like me, a week of not playing seems forever! My, oh my! By the way, I hit a few balls in billiards every now and then, and the latest craze here: Badminton.

But i think the best reason of all is simple. I only want to share with you something to aspire for, hoping one could get a grasp if not a glimpse of how it feels like having a sport as a way of releasing the tension of work in our daily routine; and also i was hoping it might encourage our youths of today in learning the game or any game for that matter, for a better sporty tomorrow.

So, you all know my sporty world (or is it), perhaps, you can tell me yours?

4 Comments:

  1. kars said...
    get well soon... let's have a match later...",)
    Ms.B said...
    really? cge! let's be partners lang muna... ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    I’m not particularly into racquet-based activities. My sports are limited to mountaineering, biking and a little of basketball. My last climb was more than 5 years ago. Since I left the Philippines in 2000, I haven’t scaled a mountain in the US except for wall climbing in gyms. So, I know the feeling of being deprived from doing your favorite sport. Get well soon, Ms. B!
    Ms.B said...
    thanks John, with your prayers i'll be up and running ;-) sooner.

Post a Comment