Sunday, July 03, 2005

G8

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Everybody has been talking and blogging about it lately. It's so humongus that it made responses greater than expected! And i had the chance last night of experiencing almost all the concerts performed in my very own bedroom!

Yes! It was aired live in our local TV ! There i was enjoying the simplest comfort of my 20" television and rocked my heart out with Bono himself live in London! WOW! Then it shifted to Japan with Bjork and then on to Rome with no less than Duran-Duran! My my! All my fave artists were singing and rocking and sending the message to the Group of Eight (G8) great leaders who will be having their annual summit meeting on July 6th in Edinbugh, which is aimed at fighting poverty in Africa.

It was up all night 'coz when i woke up this morning and turned on the tv set, Sting was featured with his great song: "Every breath you'll take" (we will be watching you). 'just breathtaking!

Oh, i manged to encode my name in the list and saw it run down my monitor thanking me along with the rest of names who supports this cause. I hope you have done your part too.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I’m glad that you’ve witnessed history unfold. The event is more than just rock and roll music. More than a decade ago, I worked with a non-government organization. I saw right before my eyes the killing effects of poverty. Our country is far better than Africa. But the disparity between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless and to put it more harshly; the predator and the prey is provoking. The Philippines is in poverty level not because we’re poor but many of us just couldn’t care less.
    Ms.B said...
    Yeah, i guess you are so right in saying about poverty in our country.

Post a Comment