Sunday, March 27, 2005

Forget and forgive…

Image hosted by Photobucket.comTrue friends are hard to find... But you know what? They are much harder to forget!

They make me so rich deep inside my heart. They make a few jumpy beats everytime i think of them. They are so precious i cannot function well without.I consider my friends treasures. They are my wealth, my jewels, my gems.
Friends- specially the true ones are as important as anyone because they are real people! Of course you have all sorts of friend types.You know, the not-so-true yet important to us. They may not be your esteemed, cherished individuals but i'm sure they needed people like you and me to have and to share with, not at all times perhaps but at least a split moment in their life. But you should know, it is because of this closeness that they tend to break our heart, sometimes.
One time i remember, a friend who once was the closest of all my friends came on me too strong. What i mean is she did one thing i really disliked. I trully felt so low that i didn't communicated with her in a year or two. It was not until after my birthday that i forgave her, when she gave me a birthday card as greetings for the day. Inside that card was written about forgiving. She wrote "... all heals in time". I replied her with a card too and told her: "yes, time heals all wounds but a big scar is left here with me forever." I realize now i was too harsh on her sending that card.But i'm just being honest.
I admit, to forget and forgive is a hard task. I don't get comforted too easily, specially when my heart gets broken. But i am trying the best now to be as forgiving as anyone should be. I pray everytime i get a broken heart, i look back to that special birthday i had, when i forgave.
------------------------------------------------------
Just recently, another special friend communicated to me after a long silence. This friend must have felt guilty after a promise was broken. I was hesitant at first, but my friend kept telling me it is Lenten season and that it is time to forget and forgive... So i did, after a few minutes of comforting words and lectures of how Jesus died on the cross and stuff like that ( This friend is very active in church)... I then talked to my friend with open mind. Then i forgave ... with smiling heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment