Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spanish Adventures!

This is the powdery fine sand of La Playa del Ingles in Mas Palomas, Gran Canaria, Spain. "Playa" means beach.




Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras @ dusk! Notice the two petite towers on each side of the hotel @ my back?


Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras in the beautiful island of Mas Palomas. This is how it look during daytime.
The little fountains leading to the main hotel lobby.

On the open air bar with my sis.

Amazing shape!

--------------------------------------

These are but a few of the many pictures i have on my Spain trip on a very cold December of 2002. Amazingly enough winter time in Canaria isn't too cold compared to the rest of Europe. In fact, I stayed over until the 20th and it was just a cold breeze though near the beach area! One thing i love being there is the sun. It shines to its fullest- noontime- but the air isn't hot at all. My! we were not using air conditioner inside the car, we just let our windows wide open! I know it is almost three years now but happy moments stays in my heart always.

Canary Islands are made up of seven (7) small islets ( Gran Canaria;Fuente ventura; Tenerife; La Gomera; Heirro and last but not least- Lanzarote) the bigest of which is Gran Canaria, where Mas Palomas is located down south. The beach of Playa del Ingles faces halfway to the great Atlantice Ocean. These group of islands are a few nautical miles off the coast of Africa, near its northern tip, just below Morocco. Oh, you must be wondering why i mentioned Africa. Yes, it is where these beautiful islands are located. The Canarias are separated from mailand Spain but they are provinces of Spain since 1821. more...

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Gran Canaria is a gorgeous place. I've visited that paradise too. I stayed in Gran Costa Hotel Meloneras, went to Lanzarote for a day, and just had plain fun in many parts of the main island. I even went to a nude beach. Hmmmmmmmmm. I wish I could go back there.
    Ms.B said...
    oh yes! A paradise it surely is! But i only get to go near its entrance of the nude beach. I wonder really how everyone looked like inside without any clothes at all????????

Post a Comment