Saturday, June 10, 2006

A special visit!


It was quite a day for me last Thursday because I got to meet some very important international figures. One was the Portuguese Ambassador to the Philippines: His excellency (H.E.) Joao Caetano da Silva.

He was accompanied with other equally important Portuguese persona: Professor Ivo Carneiro de Sousa, Director of the Portuguese Center for Southeast Asian Studies. Also with them were Fr. Gapuz of USC and Dr. Resil B. Mojares (not in the picture)-Professor Emiritus and historian, also in the University . These men were at the University of San Carlos in CAFA (College of Architecture and Fine Arts) theater to celebrate together with the Cebuanos a great Portuguesan week (June 6-10, 2006).

Professor Ivo delivered a great lecture on Portuguese maritime adventures during the infant stage of Philippine history, even before the coming of the Spaniards themselves. His facts presented were also documented in a book he was promoting on his visit here in the university.

As I am one of the students in graduate studies in History of University of San Carlos (USC), I get the chance to meet and be with them up close and personal. So off went my mobile phone cam taking snapshots after another. Good thing though, this cellphone camera of mine never has failed me yet.
Here is the rest of the story…click here

3 Comments:

  1. Teacher Sol said...
    HELLO MS. B! How are you na? I've been in hibernation for so long, but I'm back now. School year will end 3 days from now and what a relief! We can chat again, haha! I like the "21st Century Lady" here, where did you get that?
    Ms.B said...
    hi, dearie! The lady came from my inside me here ;-). Thanks for visiting,i sure missed you!
    talk said...
    hello...love your site. Im from cebu too...i would love to be linked here..GREAT postings you have here :-)

Post a Comment