Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Venezian getaway!

This picture was taken on a very cold December night, 2002 in the eternal city of Rome, Italy. It was a great experience to be in a magnificent place!
The building at the back of me is the Emmanuel II Monument, in honor of the first king of Italy: Victor Emmanuel II. It now serves as the Tomb of Italy's unknown soldier.

I'm blogging about it now 'coz it popped out of my mind just a few minutes ago. Thus, sweet memories came rushing in as if they were bursts of forcefull heartbeats unstoppable with nothing but reminiscense.

And this is how it looks during daytime. The entire edifice stands boastfully amidst the ancient Roman style of Architecture surrounding it and in deep contrast, with its bright immaculate white marble shimmering against the illuminating sun, fronting the great Palazzo Venezia, when Venice was still Rome's own State. This building was used as the embassy of Venice. More of my Italian trip, please click here...

I would like to thank a very dear friend who was with me all the way from the time he fetched me from the airport then toured around the great sites and buildings and sending me off for six (6) fun-filled days and nights without whom my stay in Rome wouldn't be as interesting, lively, exciting and as wonderful as can be... not to mention, unforgetable! Thanks so much!
(This is cross-posted in my Friendster blog too.)

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow,..nakabisita na diay ka sa one of the holiest christian site. Siguro nag-pilgrimage mu didtu...
    Ms.B said...
    hello Major! the plan was to meet my sister from Spain there. It was really a grandeur! Thanks for visiting!

Post a Comment