Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dearly beloved

Twenty (20) years and twenty six (26) days ago today (Monday, 5:30 a.m. October 6, 1985), Byron Joseph came to this world.

Meek, naïve, gentle and sweet, he made me feel we know each other all too well already. His smile opened up new windows of happiness for me. His thoughts seemed to have gotten inside mine and we had great days together. I had great times with him too! He was simply amazing!

It is still very clear to me when he wanted something, he’d be uneasy and edgy and then I’d nurse him and he’d be so gentle. His eyes looked at me as if he can see me already at three days old. He was a gem and joy! When he was still inside me, I felt good and with ease, as if I was not carrying him at all. He was truly a wonder!

He had my eyes, my lips, my chin and my nose too! Yes, we looked so much alike. I’m sure he would be a happy person and true and daring. One time I felt pain inside my womb and thought I would have him earlier than expected but it stopped after a while. I knew he was in a hurry to see the world, my world. Well, he did come out full term. And when he did, he did not even cry, not once, not ever.

My son, my third child. My only boy. He is gone now. He saw me and the world so briefly. He died on a Wednesday night, just three days after he was born. Of course, tears fell before my eyes unceasingly ‘til morning came. I held him tight with my arms around him close and spoke to him in soft, sweet voice asking him to keep me company until I’ll have my time. Then I said goodbye.

Today and every day although he is gone, I can feel him near me. I’m sure he must be close by, smiling. Thanks dear. We love you so much!

My mom died too last August. She must be beside Byron as i blog here.
--------------------------------------------
This entry today is trully dedicated to All Souls Day, which we Filipinos continue to celebrate every year to honor our very dearly departeds.

2 Comments:

  1. yusop said...
    Hi Ms. B. This is a melancholic reminiscing that is truly inspiring. I am sure that Byron Joseph and your Mom is in the loving arms of our Lord and I will always include them in my prayers.
    Ms.B said...
    hi MAjor! Thanks ha, as in i'm trully greateful! salamat sa pagbisita dinhi... see you around.

Post a Comment