Saturday, July 08, 2006

Visayan Culture, etc.


Hello there! Here is one cool website, all about Visayan Songs! As you all know by now i am an avid fan of our very own culture. It feels it is asn integral part of me.
Since childhood, i always get enticed with Visayan folklores, norms, dances, games, tales, poems and music. Everytime a relative came in for a visit, i always find it comforting to jive with them even though they were twice ot thrice my age. Tales of the unknown doens't lure me much but "BALAK" (poems) wow! They got me right in one stanza!
Over the years, local dialects interests me much, including "Ilonggo". The way they are to be uttered, where the accent would fall, or how it would turn out whenever coupled with a noun or a verb or what-have-you. As always, since i got to go places most specifically Manila, i always use the ever popular "Bisaya" (coming from the Visayas island groups thus the name) dialect, and not Tagalog, because i didn't see any purpose of changing it, Afterall, who can say it better huh.
I'm am this proud to be a Filipina, Bisaya, Cebuana and most of all an adopted Oponganon, coz my family just moved a couple of years back. And talking in Visayan dialect and singing the Visayan songs would most describe me as a person!

1 Comment:

  1. Markus Ezekiel Caidoy said...
    interesting site!

Post a Comment