Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Friendship letter

This was supposedly Julious Caesar's letter to Cleopatra on his visit to Egypt; after which he noticed that Egyptians were using pictures instead of words when writing. So, when he came back to Rome"...he decided to send a letter to Cleopatra to let her know how much he cared for her. Wanting to be friendly he used a few pictures in his letter instead of words."



Translating it would go like this...

Once upon a time
I was lonely; looking for somebody; who would be like
me in everyway; so that we two had
something in common to do
and say.Then I found you one
day and said; "You will be my
forever friend"; you made me so
happy,you bright end up my life;
we got along so well and had lots of fun in our own stride...

And now I just can
not imagine what I would have done
without you; for you are so wonderful,funny
and sweet.You are my dream-come-true;
so,dear friend,say you will always
be there,to share in my good and bad
times and to tell me 'You care'.

UnknownAuthor:

(Notice the resemblance in out way of texting lately?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment